Nau mau, haere mai, ki ngā kōrero tuhingaroa o Te Rōpū Whakahau. Kei kōnei ngā taonga mātauranga, ngā taonga kōrero me ngā taonga pukapuka e whakatūria e te Rōpū.
This is a list of publications by Te Rōpū Whakahau, including those now out of print. On-line copies of the Te Rōpū Whakahau Pānui are listed on their own page on this site.
Te Rōpū Whakahau publications – buy now!
Lilley, Spencer. 2013. Te Rōpū Whakahau: waiho i te toipoto, kaua i te toiroa. Celebrating 20 years 1992-2012. Palmerston North, N.Z.: Te Rōpū Whakahau. Cost: $22.00. Email orders to email@example.com.
Te Wānanga o Raukawa. 2009. Māku anō e hanga tōku nei whare: determining our future. Sixth international indigenous librarians’ forum. Ōtaki, N.Z.: Te Rōpū Whakahau. Cost: $35.00. Email orders to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sullivan, Robert (ed.). 2001. International Indigenous Librarians’ Forum: Proceedings. Wellington, N.Z.: Te Rōpū Whakahau. Cost: $15.00. Email orders to email@example.com.
Te Rōpū Whakahau on-line publications
- Te Ara Tika: Guiding Words: Ngā Ingoa Kaupapa Māori, Pūronga Tuatoru: Māori Subject Headings Project, Phase 3 Research Report, February 2005 (in association with the National Library of New Zealand and LIANZA)
- Māori Subject Headings Draft Guidelines, August 2001
- Māori Subject Headings Working Party Report to LIANZA / Te Rau Herenga o Aotearoa and to Te Rōpū Whakahau: Phase Two, August 2001
- Māori Subject Headings Working Party Report to LIANZA / Te Rau Herenga o Aotearoa and to Te Rōpū Whakahau, March 2000
- He Puna Taunaki: Te Reo Māori in Libraries: A Māori Language Resource for Librarians, 1995 (with the National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa)
The following Te Rōpū Whakahau publications may be obtained from LIANZA.
- Szekely, Chris (ed.). 1999. Issues and Initiatives in Indigenous Librarianship: Some International Perspectives. Auckland, N.Z.: Te Rōpū Whakahau. Cost $30.00 (GST incl.)
Other recommended publications relating to Māori in New Zealand librarianship
For those living in New Zealand a library near you should hold a copy of these resources as they are no longer in print. If you are living outside New Zealand your local library should be able obtain a copy for you by inter-library loan.
- Szekely, Chris. 1997. Te Ara Tika: Guiding Voices: Māori Opinion on Libraries and Information Needs. Wellington, N.Z.: New Zealand Library & Information Association and Te Rōpū Whakahau.
- MacDonald, Tui. 1993. Te Ara Tika: Māori and Libraries: A Research Report. Wellington, N.Z.: New Zealand Library & Information Association.
- Szekely, Chris & John Garraway. 1994. Ka Mahi Tonu: Biculturalism in New Zealand Librarianship, 1992-1994. Wellington, N.Z.: N Strategy Bicultural Actions Group in association with the New Zealand Library & Information Association.