- Manage and promote an outstanding community asset
- Develop strong local and industry relationships
- Visionary and innovative thinking – develop new experiences
As our client heads into an exciting new era, we have both a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a creative and innovative leader to step in and drive the direction, development and performance of the Rotorua Library at Te Aka Mauri.
The role of Library Director is critical to the success of Te Aka Mauri in Rotorua and the wider community. This is a pivotal time to get involved in our library as it heads into a new period of development where an enthusiastic, innovative and technology focused leader will bring visionary fresh thinking to develop new user experiences.
The library at Te Aka Mauri is the focal point of a unique collaboration with the DHB as a children’s health hub where improving children’s wellbeing is a priority through a combination of health and educational outcomes.
Key accountabilities of the role include;
- Maintaining and developing a collective leadership model
- Leading delivery of services, incl training and performance development
- Annual planning, budgets and performance measures
- Delivery of all Library financial functions
- Preparation of asset management, collection, and strategic plans as required
- Developing and maintaining key working and advisory relationships
- Collection and preservation of written local history
- Key stakeholder relationships
- Public speaking and presenting as required
This is a rare opportunity for a creative, inspirational and strategic leader to make a real difference within both the Library, Te Aka Mauri and the community, bringing fresh ideas and concepts to fruition. Our ideal candidate will have an appropriate tertiary qualification, along with a proven employment history and track record in engagement of key customers, completing projects, along with an in-depth understanding of customer experiences. An appreciation of Maori values and a working knowledge of Te Reo and tikanga Maori would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will manage and promote what is an outstanding community asset while developing strong local and industry relationships. You will have a collaborative leadership approach; empowering and building a values-based culture within the team.
Please apply online with a cover letter and curriculum vitae addressed to Kellie Hamlett, Recruitment Specialist at Talent ID Recruitment. Enquiries can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 26th July 2019 and will be treated confidentially. e